The City of Mt. Juliet Alcoholic Beverage Commission is ready to review the 11 applications filed for those wanting to open the first liquor stores in Mt. Juliet.
The commission will meet Tuesday, March 12 at 6:30 p.m. to review the applications and hear the presentations from the applicants. They will then rank the applicants and send them on to the Board of Commissioners who have the final say. The Board of Commissioners could go with the findings of the Alcoholic Beverage Commission, or pick their own top candidates.
There will be three stores allowed in the city limits, but there was most likely only be two in these first set of applicants. The City says that the stores have to be three miles apart, and all the applications are either near the corner of N. Mt. Juliet Road and Lebanon Road or in the Providence area. Most of Mt. Juliet Road is zoned Commercial Town Center, which does not allow for liquor stores.
The proposed locations are as follows:
1. Village Wine & Spirits. 11237 Lebanon Road.
2. Providence Wine & Spirits, Providence West Boulevard.
3. Vin Fine Wine & Spirits, 11191 Lebanon Road.
4. Fast Track Wine & Spirits, 1200 S. Mt. Juliet Road.
5. Mt. Juliet Wine & Spirits, 11344 Lebanon Road.
6. Providence Wine & Spirits, 659 S. Mt. Juliet Road (Providence Commons.
7. Mt. Juliet Wine & Spirits, 12904, 12906, 12910 Lebanon Road (Mt. Juliet Commons).
8. South’s Finest Wine & Spirit Shop, 607 Providence Parkway.
9. Providence Wine & Spirits, 85 North Mt. Juliet Road.
10. Green Hills Wine & Spirits, 12554 Lebanon Road.
11. The Wine & Spirits Shop, 11344, 11350, 11356 Lebanon Road.