A new Mt. Juliet based recording studio, which empowers artists to control their own interests, creativity and destiny, is now up and going.
Palette Records enables artists to collaborate with like-minded artists, find new ways to reach new audiences, and access world-class studio and production resources.
Conceived as a record label “created by artists for the artists” by co-founders Debra Lyn and Jeff Silverman, the founder of Nashville-based full service production studio Palette Music/Studio/Productions, Palette Records uses the United Artists’ model as its inspiration to bring independent artists together under one banner, so they can:
• Share ideas and support each other in a spirit of cooperation and collaboration
• Connect with “like-minded” yet diverse artists whose paths typically wouldn’t cross at a conventional record label
• Find new and better ways, channels and avenues to reach new audiences, including radio, TV, Internet, electronic media, cross-promotion opportunities and more
• Access Palette Music’s expertise and resources, and ensure that their creations reflect world-class production values
“Our goal at Palette Records is to promote `Art in Music,’ and give proactive and forward-thinking artists the platform, resources and support they need to succeed — yet without forcing them to compromise their vision or sacrifice their independence,” commented Jeff Silverman, a music industry veteran whose nearly 40-year career has included stints as a touring and studio musician with artists such as Rick Springfield and Roger Miller, a Motown/LA staff writer, a music editor for film and TV, and an artist signed to the legendary Sound City Studios.
Since launching, Palette Records has already signed four notable artists:
• Michael Peterson, who debuted on the country music scene in 1997 with a self-titled album that featured five Top 40 hits on Billboard’s Hot Country Songs — including the #1 hit “From Here to Eternity.” Currently, Michael is working with Palette Records on his upcoming CD “One Day from Someday.”
• Debra Lyn, an award-winning singer/songwriter whose catalog includes several country, rock and bluegrass albums, including the just-released holiday song from Palette Records “Save the Mistletoe for Me.” Debra Lyn is also working with Palette Records on the CD and video to her upcoming release “A Cold Wind Blows.”
• Aeone is an award winning artiste whose work has been heard in over 60 trailers and numerous film and television projects, including TNT’s Emmy Nominated “Mists of Avalon.” Aeone has released five critically acclaimed albums, and her upcoming EP from Palette Records entitled ‘Love is the Healer’ continues her journey into the world of mystical enchantment.
• Jerzee, an award-winning singer/songwriter based in Germany whose sound captures everything from rock, folk, dance and electro, and whose first single achieved widespread airplay on major radio stations across Germany. Currently, Jerzee is working with Palette Records on her upcoming CD “It’s Only Rock n’ Roll, but it Feels Like Love.”