Phil Smartt has been selected by the Leadership Wilson Board of Directors as the recipient of the 2014 Commitment to Leadership Award. The honor has been given for the past 16 years to an individual who:
• inspires leadership and the development of people,
• is committed to excellence, honesty , and making things happen
• obtains significant results from people and is an effective listener
• projects into the future and communicates an all-inclusive outlook
• communicates effectively with a diverse group of people
• has stayed involved with Leadership Wilson as well as a continuing leadership role in the community on a volunteer status
Leadership Wilson Executive Director Dorie Mitchell presented the award to Smartt at the Mt Juliet Breakfast Rotary weekly meeting on Tuesday.