|Provision Living shares result of national poll on assisted living|
|Tuesday, August 6, 2013|
Provision Living, a regional operator of assisted living and memory care communities, today shared the results of a national poll indicating that seniors in assisted living overwhelmingly feel safe in, and satisfied with, the communities in which they live. The nationwide survey of seniors currently living in assisted living communities found that fully 93% feel satisfied with their community, including 68% who say they are “very satisfied.” The survey findings also indicated that residents almost unanimously feel safe in their communities, with 99% of respondents reporting they feel safe.
“We’re pleased to share the results of this survey and believe they’re an accurate reflection of what we see each day in our communities,” said Todd Spittal, president of Provision Living. “Each day, as we pursue our vision of creating a radiant organization where people are loved, inspired, and thriving, we see amazing acts of caring, warmth and concern from our team members, and while our associates are truly remarkable, I do believe we have only scratched the surface of what becoming a radiant caregiving organization looks like.”
Lauren Grant, Executive Director of Provision Living at Hermitage, backs up the results with her personal experience: “For those of us working with these incredible residents and their families every day, it’s no surprise that the national satisfaction numbers are high. We work so hard at this because these are people that we love and cherish. When you wake up every day knowing you get to serve people who appreciate you, it’s easy to go the extra mile.”
The survey of 500 seniors living in assisted living communities found widespread satisfaction for almost every aspect of life in their communities.
• 94% of assisted living residents say they are satisfied with their overall quality of life in their assisted living community.
• 93% of assisted living residents say they are satisfied with the level of personal independence they enjoy in their community.
• 93% of assisted living residents say they are satisfied with the level of personal attention paid to them by staff.
• 90% of assisted living residents say they are satisfied with the overall quality of care they receive.
• 87% of assisted living residents say the workers in their community are well trained and well qualified to do their job.
• 86% of assisted living residents say the workers in their community “care about me as a person.” By an 8-1 margin, assisted living residents agree with the following statement: “Assisted living communities are an excellent choice for seniors who want to live active, independent lives, but may just need a little help now and then. Assisted living communities have a professional and caring staff that provides a safe home away from home for residents. There are ample rules and regulations in place to ensure residents remain safe and are well taken are of. Residents living in assisted living communities enjoy a healthy and high quality of life.”
The survey of 500 residents living in assisted living communities was taken between July 15-18, 2013 and has a margin of error of +/- 4.38%. The survey was conducted jointly by Public Opinion Strategies and Frederick Polls.
About Provision Living:
Based in St. Louis, Provision Living LLC owns and operates a family of assisted living and memory care communities across nine states, representing more than 1,500 units and 950 associates.
Provision Living at Hermitage offers Independent Living villas, Assisted Living apartments and Memory Care services to Nashville area seniors. They are located at 4131 Andrew Jackson Parkway in Hermitage, TN. More information is available at www.HermitageAssistedLiving.com.