Did you know that some of the activities of the Mt. Juliet Senior Center are not just for seniors? The Mt. Juliet Senior Activity center offers over 80 programs and events for its members aged 55 and over. In addition to those programs, many activities are open to the community……
1) On the first, third and fourth Thursdays, at 11:30 a.m., a homemade lunch is open to the community. For just $5 you get a home cooked meal prepared with love by our cooking club. Businesses are encouraged to call the day before for eat-in, carry-out or delivery. call 758-9114
2) Every Thursday from 1-3 pm, we have a 2 hour free Country Music Variety show. Bring your acoustic instrument and join the performers or be a part of the audience.
3) Free Karaoke is open to the public the third Tuesday of every month at 12:30 p.m. Come join the singers or be a part of the audience.
4) Free monthly concerts – bring a snack or appetizer to share. We pass the hat for the musicians. You will enjoy two hours of great music on a Saturday night from 6-8 p.m.! The next concert will feature Country Artist, Billy Tarkington on Aug. 18.
5) Trips & Travel – Casino Trips are open to the public! A trip to San Antonio Texas is planned for September. Call for details 758-9114
6) Special events are always open to the public.
Coming up next: Pig-Stravaganza, August 10 5:30-8:30 p.m. Must be 21 to attend! An evening of fun…a pork dinner, games of chance, piggy raffle, pig calling contest, music and lot’s more. Tickets $20 in advance or $25 at the door. (Includes dinner and five free raffle tickets). Call for more info: 758-9114
7) Volunteer opportunities – Anyone can be a part of the many volunteer programs offered at the center. Adopt-a-room, “Let’s Build a park,” Special Event Committees and Daily Operations are some of the opportunities for volunteers.
July is membership month! Seniors aged 55 plus are invited to stop by for a free tour and newsletter. You will also receive a free T-shirt when you join! Visit Soon, the Mt. Juliet Senior Activity Center, “Where Friends Meet.”